Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

You know me, I'm a DC kinda a gal...

So, this morning, I'm working in Decatur and I go to Wards to get my usual breakfast (unless my wonderful Legal Secretary has brought me something!) and I order - grits and a small diet coke (Wards has fantastic grits, well at least the Wards in Decatur does-- not all Wards have the same menus). So, I pull around and the lady at the window hands me by grits and a small SPRITE. So, I politely ask for a Diet Coke instead. She turns around to the other lady and says, "Glenda, its supposed to be a diet coke", and Glenda says back to her, "No, you said Sprite-- I knew it was supposed to be a Diet Coke because that's what she always gets- Diet Coke and grits-- but you said Sprite." The other girl then apologizes and says Glenda is right. I get my Diet Coke and all is right with the world. But, I LOVE the fact that these two ladies who I don't personally know outside of Wards know exactly what my order is when I come to Wards (which, for those of your haters, isn't that often-- I'm only in Decatur a couple days a week and I only get grits maybe once every two weeks or so!). Its this part of being in a small town that I adore. Also, I bet you anything they know my lunch order - Medium Diet Coke and a Taco Salad! Yeah, I order the same thing everytime at any restaurant!

In other news, I went to Easely Amused in Flowood last night with Karen Loden and Karin Bowen (my girls from college) and a couple other friends-- Priscilla, Taylor and Brandy. We had a great time! We painted the "Groovin' Grove" and it looks so good! Mine's not perfect but I still really like it and enjoy doing that sort of thing!!! I took some pictures but don't have my camera cord right now, so, unfortunately, you readers will have to wait to be amazed.

Must get back to my grits and reading my morning blog-- Laineygossip.com!

No comments: