Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Its finally cold enough to think about turtlenecks...

So, its not really getting much cooler during the day, but at night and first thing in the morning, its fabulous weather! I am loving taking Parker out for her walks now! I'm so excited for Fall-- its the best time of the year! I love everything about it and I'm planning to get out my Fall decorations this weekend. I spend a lot of time running around-- doing LJA projects, church GA's, Museum Guild business, driving back and forth from Laurel to Newton County, trying ton stay in touch with my friends, and, oh yeah, working. But, I LOVE being at my house. I'm really such a homebody. I'd rather sit at my house and mess around "nesting" than anything else. One of the reasons I LOVE this time of year is that its an excuse to put up lots of decorations and get ready to put up even more decorations come Christmas time-- putting up decorations includes cleaning out and cleaning up and making things in general look good. I love it! It makes me feel happy and calm and relaxed. My friend Courtney and I have discussed, on many occasions, how we only like to light candles when our house is clean and neat. It just feels right. So, now, I can get my house to look fabulous AND light me up some fabulous-smelling Fall-scented candles.

Also, got a new blog background!! Fall, natch (I love the word "natch". It was a word often used in the Baby-Sitter's Club books that I read as a child, but I NEVER heard it used at home in real life [obviously, my childhood was a bit lacking, as anyone whose ever met my parents know! Just kidding! I'm a lucky girl to have my parents!!] and so now I love using the word. Do any of my readers use this word often? Cause I know all of you and I've never heard you use it!).

Finally, I added my Parker to my blog!! A super cute picture taken by my friend Felicity at last week's ball game. Parker looks adorable! As cute as I think Parker is, and I think she is seriously adorable (little white face, dark eyes, dark nose, dark mouth, ears framing her face!!), Parker is just not very photogenic. Mostly, she won't be still long enough to snap a shot, but also her eyes glow making her look devilish and the camera just doesn't love her. Tyra Banks would say she has a good runway strut, but the camera does not capture her beauty. So, I was tickled that this picture turned out as well as it did!!! And now you can all countdown to her birthday with me! Although, I don't technically know her exact date-- were only told she was born in April. I got her on the Sunday of MLK weekend in January, 2009. So, I just made her birthday up to be the exact date as mine!!!

Hope everyone is enjoying getting ready for Fall and if you need me to come help decorate, I will!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know what Mitch Hedberg says about turtlenecks:

if you wear a turtleneck it's like being strangled by a really weak guy ... all day. And if you wear a turtleneck and a backpack it's like a weak midget trying to bring you down.