Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Desperate Housewife and a mortician walk into Papa Johns...

EVAN ALERT!!!

Yesterday afternoon, Parker and I are outside walking and Evan comes out with a bag of trash.

Evan: Hey Jess!!! Hey Parker!!! How's it going? I'm taking out the trash- come walk with me! (walks to where I am, reaches over, still holding the garbage bag and gives me a hug and a kiss on the hair)

Me: Um, okay. (Walks two steps into the yard with Parker.)

Parker: Finds a shady spot, plops down and watches us.

Evan: What's been going on? I've been kinda busy. I've got family coming in from California today. So, tonight I'll have family stuff to do, I'm sure.

Me: Family Stuff! Sounds fun!

Evan: Not really, I don't like this family very much. Except my cousin. We are close, he's an awesome guy. He's a total Queen (holds out his limp wrist to show me) but no one in my family thinks that, they just think he's effeminate. I know though, I love him. He's a drama queen!

Me: Oh. Good that you guys are so close!

Evan: And I don't get to see him much-- he's a mortician out in California, and he is also an interior designer. So he's a mortician - slash - interior designer. He does all the funeral home stuff and gets the bodies ready and then usually, when he's done going that, he goes into the other room and does all the flowers. He's really good at it.

Me: Oh, wow.

Evan: And he moonlights at an interior design firm and they've decorated Eva Longoria Parker's house-- well, the house of the baseball player she married. His house, but he met her and he loves her. Says she's adorable.

Me: What an interesting job! That's pretty cool.

Evan: Yes, he's so cool. (does limp wrist again and sashays across the yard)

Parker: Hasn't moved her eyes off Evan.

Me: Evan, where do you work?

Evan: I work for John Swartzfager [attorney in town] and I do research when he needs me. He pays pretty well. I only have a few hours to finish before I am done with school, and that job pays me well enough to pay my rent. Oh and sometimes I work at Papa John's. You should come over sometime and have a beer with me. It would be fun! Or come over for dinner. I cook dinner nearly every night. Tonight I'm cooking chicken alfredo. Yes, you should come over anytime for a beer or dinner!!

Me: Oh, okay, um, well, maybe so. I'm going on vacation in a couple days so maybe when I get back!

Evan: Yes, just stop by anytime!!! (reaches over, gives me another hug, sans the garbage bag)

Me: Ok, bye.

Parker: Rolls over onto her bag and looks like a crazy person.

So, that's my Evan interaction for this week. Its getting more and more interesting. And, if you read my Evan story, you'll know I am going on vacation soon-- DISNEYWORLD!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited. I haven't been to Disney since Nicholas was a toddler. He was a little baby and when we were unloading the car, Betsy apparently pulled the door behind her and he was locked in the cabin rental all alone. Dad was fussing at Betsy, mom was worried the toilet seat might be up and they were all trying to get Nicholas to come over to the door and unlock it himself. Betsy was crying and it was hilarious!! I love love love my siblings but I took a secret, sick delight in watching them get in trouble. Especially Betsy, she was bratty (but I love you, Bets!!). So the entire scene was hilarious to me. Made even funnier after we called security and when they finally arrived, my dad realized the key was in his pocket the entire time. Hopefully, there won't be any drama like that this trip! I'm going with several women from the Laurel area-- one I know well, one I don't know very well, and two I've only met in the last few days. Its an adult-only girl trip! Going to be a blast!! I'm leaving Friday and will be back late next Wednesday!

Even better than Disney is where I'll be Tuesday and Wednesday-- HARRY POTTER!!! The New Wizarding World of Harry Potter!! I can play Quittich, drink butter beer and pumpkin juice and wear the sorting hat. I'm staying an extra day and going by myself. When I tell people that, they think I'm crazy for being by myself. But, um, NO-- I LOVE being by myself. I'm pretty sure that after a few days with people around me all the time, I will be ready for some alone time. Plus, its Harry-freaking-Potter. I'd go there with my worst enemy, if necessary (looking at you, P. Chesser).

Anyway, I'm really excited about my trip-- my traveling mates are all seasoned Disney travelers and I'm a newbie so I'm glad they can take care of me!! I'll be taking tons of pictures for the blog!!!! Now off to wash clothes and finish up some working!!

1 comment:

Em said...

I love, love, love your blog! It always makes me laugh! I think you should have dinner with Evan (if only for blogging purposes)! Hope you have a blast in Orlando! Gonna miss you while you're gone!