Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Grove... First Half...

Remember my Grove Warm-up? (here) Well, I'm not finished yet.  Once I've made my list, and checked it twice...




It's time to load up and head to Oxford to stay with my favorite hostess, Penny. Friday night when I arrived, quite late, I pretty much went to bed.  Saturday morning, she was nice enough to let me borrow her kitchen to finish my cooking. My ham sandwiches would have turned out better if I'd not forgotten two of the ingredients, but no one complained!


Basically, my dad and Nicholas like three things for the Grove-- chicken nuggets, pigs in a blanket and sausage balls.  Nothing else.  They'd be satisfied with just that as long as there was plenty.  Which is a little bit frustrating for someone who tries to plan interesting, good menus each week.  But, also a bit liberating because, as long as I provide those three things, I can cook whatever else sounds good to me.  However, when someone brought these ham sandwiches to the Vandy game earlier in the season, my dad and Nick both raved long and loud enough to make me realize we might be adding a fourth to their limited Grove palate.  These are basically ham sandwiches, cooked for a few minutes, with a sauce on top of poppyseeds, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, butter and brown sugar.  I don't care for ham and I even liked it.    


Oscar, the most ridiculously cute dog, was busy being the sweetest boy while I was busy cooking. 


We left for the game with these cuties busy being lazy but cute.  Oscar is on the top, Parker to the right and Sophie to the left.  They never even offered to help with the cooking. 


We made one quick stop to Chick-Fil-A to get the chicken nuggets, where I found a surprisingly awesome bathroom-- complete with a little mouthwash station free for the taking.  I love it!

No comments: