Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

March Birthday Babies...

This past weekend was my birthday.  I'm still waiting on gifts from a few of you, but no worries, I accept gifts all month long.  Even into April.  Actually, all year long.  Just get me a gift, ok?

My group of friends, the Gang, is big enough that there is pretty much a birthday every month.  Which means we are constantly coming up with fun and interesting ways to celebrate.  Usually, the birthday person gets to pick the place to eat, or maybe the movie, but March is different.  There were a whole bunch of us born in March.  Me, Meghann, Will and Awesome McAwesome.   

Since it was all the cool people, and Awesome, we felt it was important to step out of the box, if you will, to celebrate our birthdays.  So we stepped out far enough to get tickets to the RiverKings hockey game in Southaven on Saturday night.  It was the last game of the season, not only was it Fan Appreciation Night, but it was also World Turtle Day, a fact that I am very sad I didn't know until the day was almost over.  I wasn't really able to fully celebrate any turtles, and now I have to wait till next year. 

It was a long and fun day.  First, we headed off to Southaven to do a bit of shopping.  Awesome's favorite part?  Meeting his friend, the giraffe.  I think he felt like this giraffe would add a whole lot of class to his bachelor pad.  Did I type "class"?  I meant "klass". 




Then on to the hockey game:



Birthday girl Meghann and non-birthday boy Andrew



We wanted "glass" seats but we had to settle for the second row.  Will is in the green hat, Katy beside him (shout-out to Katy for being cool enough to own her own hockey jersey), Laura Beth hiding, then Coleman. 


Crazy excitement on the ice, people. 


Rommates and Birthday girls!



Meghann is all, "no more pictures", to the paparazzi.   Its exhausting being so photogenic and popular.  We should know. 
 I was in charge of the event planning.  I was unable to procure glass seats but I did get us each a shout-out on the score board.  They offered to let someone ride the zamboni machine, but I'm pretty sure the lady might have thought this was for a 9-year old's birthday, so I declined, to the absolute disgust of Awesome who is still mad at me.  Also, while my name was spelled correctly on the actual scoreboard, in this picture, my name looks like, "JASKA" which, coincidentally, is the new spelling of my name. 









 During one of the breaks, they had a competition where you threw old hockey pucks onto the ice into a small bucket in the middle.  If you made it, you won $75.00.  No one made it.  But we had lots of laughs watching Josh, Will and Coleman throw out their arms. 
Best way to pick up hundreds of orange hockey pucks from the ice?  Grab a kid, strap on a helmet on a kid, give them a bucket and let them have at it.  If only cleaning my house were so easy, but Parker leeps refusing to wear the helmet. 


Awesome was the happiest birthday boy in the world when he caught this freebie t-shirt.  He literally turned to me and said, "this is the best thing that's ever happened!".  Which made his face, 30 seconds later, when he opened the shirt and read the back, even funnier.  I kinda feel bad at laughing at someone else's misery.  But not when its Awesome's.  He considered throwing it back, hoping to actually get a RiverKings shirt, but ultimately, passed it on down to Will who did really wanted it. 




Here is the entire group:  Me, Meghann, Will, Awesome Mc, Laura Beth, Coleman, Andrew and Katy.  There was a ton of grumbling about this picture, and at some point, part of my soul died when I realized I'd officially became my mother, but I'm glad I have a good picture of a really fun birthday!  Several of our Gang were missing, and the RiverKings lost, but it was still a really great birthday!



No comments: