Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

It's Always Rainy in Cleveland...

Last night was a fun night out in Cleveland.  HSquared, a local clothing store, had their semi-annual Fashion Show at Grover's Corner downtown.  This is their third one and my friends and I have gone to all of them.  A couple of my friends, Laura Beth and Corley, have even walked the runway!  Corley walked it last night and Laura Beth walked in the inaugural show.  My friends, the models!

And other night, this would have been enough excitement for me, but last night Cleveland downtown was kicking!  The Cleveland Young Professionals group had their first social, a Crawfish Social at Mosquito Burrito.  So, after looking at some really pretty clothes, we headed across the street to get some food and meet some professional people.  Lots of my friends were already there by the time I walked in, but it was beginning to sprinkle outside.  Awesome McAwesome allowed me to borrow a rain jacket and showed me some of the hail damage to his Awesomemobile from his stay in Jackson last week.  As soon as I got the jacket, everyone decided to go inside anyway, so it was all for naught. 

I got to catch up with my friend Julianne about work-related craziness, and saw a few other people.  Most of the crowd had cleared out about the time the rain started, so I missed seeing a lot of people.  But we wound up eating dinner at MB and sort of took over the entire place.  We discussed our weekend plans-- we are headed to Southaven tomorrow to see the RiverKings hockey game- our "March" birthday's outing.  I was telling one of the girls who works at MB about our trip and she asked if this "group" was the same group she seems me out with a lot.  And I replied yes.  And she said, "you are lucky to have such a good group of friends."  And she is so right!

Here are some pictures from the evening.  My photography skills leave a lot to be desired!




This pretty model is Brianna, and she is a fellow handbeller.  She stands next to me and she is a very good ringer!



Chris and Julianne Bailey to the left.  Julianne works for DHS in our Indianola office and I taught her everything she knows about child support.  Not that I know much!  My friend Andrew is in the back of the picture, ignoring me!



This is Will.  His look of disgust in this picture has less to do with being photographed for my blog and more to do with the fact that he doesn't have a nickname in this blog.  Maybe I'll solicit suggestions from the readers?



From left: Will, Laura Beth, Corley, and Katy at Mosquito Burrito.  Corley walked the runway and Laura Beth opted to help backstage this show, so Katy was my date! 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love what you guys are up too. This kind of clever work and exposure!
Keep up the good works guys I've added you guys to my own blogroll.

Here is my web blog - Spazio Kovan