Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

# 182 DIM Do it Myself...

Now that I have lots of time and energy to put into projects and stuff, I find myself doing a lot more cooking and crafting and getting organized in my spare time.  I also find myself watching a lot more reruns of House Hunters International, but that is a whole other post for a whole other day. 

You can see lots of my cooking and recipes in other posts.  (See Sunday's post!)  But its much harder to show how organized I'm getting-- I've finally got the focus to do all those little things that just never get done.  Know what I mean?  For example:

Do you see this??

Its my trusty hair curlers.  But, my trusty hair curler lid is broken.  Its been broken for a while and its been hard to use my trusty hair curlers, or at least half of them.  So, if you've seen me recently, and my hair looked funny, this is why.  Of course, if you've seen me a long time ago and my hair looked funny, I have no excuses.  


In light of all my go-get-it-done-edness here lately, I decided to take care of business, or at least of my trusty hair curlers, and get this thing fixed.  So I turned to everyone's favorite fix-it, duct tape.  However, plain old boring duct tape just wouldn't cut it for me.  Recently, when my neighbor Jennifer and her daughter Abigail came over, they introduced me to this:

 Zebra Print Duct Tape.  It wasn't an awkward introduction or anything, though--I mean, I didn't go to hug it while it went to shake my hand or anything like that.  Instead, I knew that we would be fast friends.  I also knew that Jennifer and Abigail were my kind of people.  Sometimes you just know, right?   


While in Franklin a couple weeks ago, my sweet momma bought me some of this.  Its a bit more expensive than regular, boring duct tape, but isn't it really worth it?  


 Here is the finished product--


Doesn't that look so much classier??!!

1 comment:

Smelling Coffee said...

Dahling, those curlers are now fit for the queen... (at least, the queen of duck tape!) We've found in our house that zebra print duck tape is a girls best friend!

Love ya~
Jennifer