Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

Beatles, NOLA and My Penny...

Last Friday, right about lunch, I got a text message from my friend Penny, saying she has free tickets to the Beatles Tribute Broadway Musical, Rain, in New Orleans. I've posted about my love of that city and my love only grows stronger with time! Like I've said before, I never really cared for NOLA as I was growing up, when we took field trips to the Aquarium and places like that. I've been a few times as an "adult" and didn't really warm to the city those times either. But since my friend Penny moved down there two and a half years ago (wow, time flies!), I've really enjoyed exploring the city, and I only wish I could go down more often!

So, when Penny called, it only took a few minutes for me to "get a wild hair" and decide to head down there! Penny and I got all dressed up and went to a place called Slice-- its on St. Charles and I've noticed it many times, so I was excited to get to try it!



It was yummy! We split the bruschetta, and I had a slice of the salmon/capers pizza and the prosciutto/mozzarella. It was yummy. I forgot my camera so I don't have pictures!

Next we headed to the theater for the Beatles Musical. Free tickets!! We had a great time and I really enjoyed the musical-- I didn't get to take many pictures, so this is a small picture from the website. The band came out, all decked out in their Beatles outfits and sang some fabulous music! I hate to admit it but Penny and I didn't know all their music, but we had a great time dancing around with all the old people in the audience!



The next morning, we hit up a fun diner on Magazine Street.



Slim Goodies is ALWAYS super packed which is one reason we really wanted to go-- obviously its a pretty good place! We got there just in time and I've decided it is a fabulous new place for us to try when I'm down there! Here are some pictures:





Its got a cool diner atmosphere and the walls are covered in polaroid pictures of customers!



Here I am, contemplating the meaning of life and what to eat for breakfast (there were a LOT of choices and too many choices overwhelm me!!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm soooo glad you got to come! I love random spur of the moment things like that and LOVE that you are always up for it! What happened to the pic of your pizzas??