Pages

Friday, September 21, 2007

Once again...

I am broke-- I just overpaid some guy for painting my office. And now I am broke. But, it had to be done-- this office was several shades of gray when I started working here. I wanted to paint it a khaki color which would have hideously clashed with the ugly, stained blue-gray-brown-black carpet. So, I opted for a pale blue color which turned out to be not so much different from one of the original blue-gray colors to begin with. And once I spilt paint on the carpet, causing a huge stain, and realized that getting new carpet was inevitable, I really wished I had stayed with my original khaki color. But, I am only stuck in this lease for a year, so I can leave eventually. The blue with white trim does look really good, and I am extremely proud of myself for the excellent job I did spackling over a couple large holes in the wall-- I am totally so handy!

That is my latest I-can-do-it-myself project I've attempted to tackle. Not having a man to do things like that, I pride myself on being able to do just about anything I want to when it comes to home improvement, etc. It will probably take me four times as long, cost much more, give me a sore back, and a stress headache, but I will eventually get it done. A month ago, when I moved my sister into her new one-bedroom apartment at the University, I rewired a lamp we had bought at Dirt Cheap. It was so empowering and I've told everyone I know about it. Suprised you haven't heard it.

But even after the spackling in the office, I only managed to paint one room so I called ina professional to do it when I realized how much time I was taking. It costs way more than it should and I really should have done it myself, but oh well. Next time.

Tonight's the local high school football game and I am actually going. I originally went to the city school when I lived here a long time ago; of course, I now know no one and don't care at all about going to the game, but my brother currently attends the county school, and the schools are big rivals. So I think I'll be heading over there with my parents and some of their friends. I don't have many friends here so its sorta sad for me to have to hang out with my parents on a Friday night, but the game should be good and maybe I will meet some people. If it doesn't rain. In which case I'll stay home with my aunt and watch Psych and Monk reruns.

No comments: