Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Bunko and Prison

Last night was PrisonBreak-- very good still. My dad thinks the show is sorta chuckle this year, but I think it was rather chuckle last year, and I still watched it. Its a bit unbelievable which I find refreshing in this case-- if I wanted reality, I'd sit at home adn look at myself in the mirror. And I love PrisonBreak, not only because Michael is so hot, but because I really like things about prison. Prison movies, documentaries, books, etc. Obsessed with prison. Nearly died happy when my old roomate and I toured Alcatraz our last year of law school. I love watching MSNBC's Lockup late at night. I'd totally know how to survive in prison. There was a BET special on Sex in Prison I caught the end of a couple months ago and I've been trying to get information on it to see if it will be shown again.

Tonight I am hosting Bunko in Newton, so I am driving up there this afternoon. I've basically spent all day running errands to get ready. I am hosting, but it will actually be at my friend Sonji's house-- love Sonji! Love her family. Totally want to be an honorary member. So, I am bringing the food, and the gifts for the winners. Which just reminds me that I need to get a little gift for everyone else! This is winding up costing a fortune! While I love hosting things, I am a bit disjointed-- not having my own house, my own stuff, my own parties means that I run around trying to buy stuff I should already have and have to plan a party out of my car. So, this hasn't been as much fun as hosting parties used to be.

Plus, I am a terrible cook, but a great buyer. Which means I never cook anything but just go buy everything. Tonight we are having BBQ, and I bought some yummy sauce at the gourmet store in Laurel, which I will serve with cream cheese adn crackers. And I've got to go buy some drinks, and then run by the bakery and get something for dessert. And then run by the gift store to pick up the wrapped gifts-- I bought the winner's gifts at Target and got Quinn's Pharmacy to wrap them for me. I also opened up a charge account there-- she was supposed to check my credit and get approval from their owner, but she went ahead adn let me open one! I'd like to think it was my charming manner, or the fact that she found out I was a lawyer, but it probably has more to do with the fact that my dad's had a charge account there for years-- probably 20 at least. So she knew she'd get the money somehow. That charge account of my dad's is a sore subject-- when I was in college, my mom and my sister charged a ton of stuff (my sister would go and charge stuff for her friend's Christmas presents!), and my dad got angry and forbid us from charging anymore. I actually thought he'd closed the account. So for many years I never charged anything-- never even considered it, being the good eldest daughter I am. Then, about a two years ago, my dad tells me that his Quinn's bill got high again adn for me not to charge anything. And I am like WHATTT???? Apparently Betsy and my mom have continued to charge things on there all this time, and he never said anything. But I didn't because I obeyed. So, in essence, they didn't obey but yet got all sorts of gifts and stuff from there all that time. Yet another example of how unfair my family is to people who follow the rules!!

Anyway, I've got some more errands to run today and its days like this I wish I had a secretary!!

No comments: