Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

First post...

Wow-- isn't everyone so excited? Those pople who've waited months, years even, for me to publish some of my random thoughts? Yeah the excitement is palpable. Or would be, if I ever decided to tell people about this blog. I might one day. But for now, this is a chance for me to post thoughts into the vast nothingness, and get things off my mind, and make myself laugh. A friend of mine from college, let's call him B., once said its best to be able to entertain yourself, then you will never be bored. Wise words from dear old B. He also, after going to medical school, said that he wanted to be a pediatrician because it was a a lot easier to deal with kids than whiny adults-- just wave keys in front of them and they are easily distracted. Plus, he related to them well.

This blog is just a forum for me to do nothing. Isn't that what bloggers do? Write a bunch of stuff because they think they their words are so much more important that other people's? So, I don't want to start out thinking anyone is reading these words, or enjoying them, so I am keeping this private. I've had people tell me before I should write a book, or publish some of my emails to people because apparently they are quite funny. But I'd imagine they are only funny to people who already know and love me. And some of the funniness from my emails comes from my inability to type the word "and" without it coming out as "adn". People seem to get a kick out of that.

For now, let me introduce myself to all my internet fans out there-- I am a baby lawyer (here is where the name comes from, and let me confess I spent quite a few minutes trying to come up with a clever name for this blog, and that's what I came up with-- you can see I am quite clever). I finished law school a year ago May, and clerked for a Judge in my hometown until a few weeks ago when I moved to my other hometown (I consider both "home"-- I grew up in one, and moved to the other in Junior High). I opened a law practice down here, and am now considered a "baby lawyer"-- at least that's what I consider myself, other people probably just consider me a total idiot.

Actually, I have gotten a lot of interesting feedback about going into my own practice-- most of it consisting how much guts I must have, or whether or not I am insane. To be determined later, but so far, so good.

I'm lucky to have a family that's able to support me while I am trying this out-- paying for meals, encouraging me, letting me live with them, etc. Yes, I am one of those losers who still live with their family members. Last year, while clerking for the Judge, I lived at home with my dad (my family is a bi-household family-- we are split into two houses so my dad can work in one town and my brother can go to school in another. Its confusing.) And now that I am working here, I am living with my Aunt. My Aunt is the coolest Aunt ever (a topic for another post, no doubt), so I am okay with the situation. For now. I can feel the clock ticking down to the day it won't be okay and I will start a fight and it will end with headlines such as "Local Woman Injured by Pink High Heel Suede Pump Thrown by Local Lawyer). So, in that respect, I am slowly looking for a house of my own (yet another post topic).

So, here are some things you need to know about me (in order to fully appreciate this blog)

I love my family but they are dysfunctional and annoying sometimes. My sister is the exact opposite of me, and only recently have we begun to get along. My brother is a slacker genius who only cares about sports. I love television (remember, I live at home, and until recently, in a town of 2000, and now, in a town where I hardly know anyone, so don't judge.)-- LOST being a favorite. The Office, 30 Rock, Prisonbreak, HGTV being others. I mourned the end of Gilmore Girls. I'm not a lot of fun. I think my friends forget this when they invite me places. I decided to go to law school because the LSAT book was cheaper than the GMAT book, and here I am today. I don't know anything about practicing law, so that's why I started this blog, so we could all learn together. I like to think of myself as indepdent but I'm not sure I really am. I hate roaches. I read a lot of entertainment blogs on the internet. It annoys me when I have so much work to do I cannot read my blogs in the morning!! I have a myspace adn facebook page, but this is so much more anonymous. I relieve stress by shopping. Which causes more stress when I realize my bank account is about to be negative, so I have to return things. I love spending money and I never have any. I don't like the taste of beer, so I wind up drinking a girly, fruity drink and my friends make fun of me. I am starting this blog basically as a way to procrastinate working on a guardianship since I don't know how to do it.

I realize that in order to grow out of being a baby lawyer, I need quit my procrastinating, as mentioned above. So, now I get back to work.

No comments: