Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

Hola!


Some fun days are anticipated, prepared for, and awaited.  Others just turn out fun without you even realizing.

Yesterday was one of those days.  I had a boring court hearing yesteday which turned out to be a 2 hour waste of my time.  I kept kicking myself for forgetting to bring my book while I was waiting.  Kicking myself turned out to be a poor idea as I just looked stupid, and also hurt my leg where I was trying to kick. 

I headed on back to the office, ready for the day to be OVER, angry that I'd wasted a ton of time and had nothing to show for it.  At one point, while waiting in the courtroom, I went into Nameless's office and asked if he had anything I could read.  He suggested one of the law books or law journals he had on the shelf.  I felt angry and confused.  First, angry because what kind of person didn't have SOMETHING enjoyable in their office to read- a magazine, a newspaper, a book.  Something.  And second off, confused because- has he ever met me?  Would I want to read those law journals?  On my own?  I felt like he was a stranger to me. 

Last night was Art in the Alley- a Cleveland-type Farmer's Market.  Originally planned in the alleyway beside Mosquito Burrito downtown, it was moved indoors because of rain.  They had live music and food, vendors with pottery, art work, photographs, etc.  They even had a ping pong table which I passed by forlorn as I could get no one to play with me.  Obviously, they were still remembering the night I dominated in skeetball. 

I bought a beautiful photograph of the Delta sunset from one guy and oohed and aahed over lots of other stuff.  I also bought my brother a (SPOILER ALERT) "Keep Cleveland Boring" t-shirt as they were on sale. 

These were my two friends who were with me:







They look fun, right?   Better in the second picture than the first, but still- they are good people.  My people.  We had another fun night, hanging out at Mosquito Burrito, talking until it was late.  Well, we thought it was late, but it was really only 7:30.  After a trip to Wal-Mart where I racked up on the $5.00 CD bin (Allman Brothers, Destiny's Child, Willie Nelson and Paula Abdul!), I headed home, the chorus of "Opposites Attract" still ringing in my head. 

No comments: