Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My most favorite vehicle ever...

Is this one...


Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know this is super random, and its not really like me to like an obnoxious blue "Miller Lite" vehicle, but let me explain. 

When I first moved to Cleveland, I saw this vehicle.  A lot.  Its kinda noticeable so every time I saw it, it made an impression on me.  And then I began to see it all over the place.  I saw it going south on 61 towards Cleveland in the mornings.  I saw it parked at Kroger late at night.  I saw it going north towards Clarksdale in the afternoon.  I saw it parked at the house five doors down from mine on a weekend.  I saw it in Indianola.  Leland.  Greenville.  Several times in Clarksdale- driving, parked at businesses, parked at a house.  Once parked on the side of the road.  I saw it at night, in the morning, weekdays, weekends, going this way, that way, every whichway. 

It became my new hobby, a new obsession.  I'd try to determine what kind of person would drive this and where they might be going.  Did they live in Clarksdale and drive to Cleveland to work for the beer distributor?  Did they have a friend who lives several houses down from mine and they'd come over to watch a movie on a weekend?  Did they drive to Clarksdale in the morning?  What about mornings when I'd see them driving towards Cleveland?  Did they visit Leland and Indianola a lot for what purpose?  What does this person do?  When do they work?  Is this their only vehicle?  Their company vehicle?  Who are their friends?  Where do their friends live?  It was fascinating. 

And then, one day, I drive, on my regular route home, past a metal building and there are THREE of these vehicles.  Yeah, it answered a lot of my questions. 

When I snapped this picture, there were only two, and I've since never seen all three vehicles at once, but it makes much more sense to think there are actually three of these!  Its not nearly as much fun when I see these vehicles, but I still get a bit tickled when I think of the many months and the amounts of energy I wasted trying to make sense of this one (err, three) vehicle!!

No comments: