Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Like mother, like daughter....

Now, this is not a post about Ole Miss v. State.  I'm not about to go there anymore.  In my opinion, Ole Miss has had a rough few years (mostly self-inflicted) and MSU is having a lot of good things going for it these days.  This is also not a blog post about Ole Miss's recent public relations snafus or MSU's over-reliance and insistence on a whole lot of hashtags.  Its also not a post about the many, many MSU fans that I've had to delete from Twitter and Facebook in the last two years due to obscene comments about my school (again, GTHOM is offensive and GFY, Ole Miss is even worse). 

What this blog post is about is how I've raised my Parker to be, apparently, just like me.  A few weeks ago, FBC, Cleveland, was doing a women's ministry "Festival of Tables" and I, along with my friend Jessica (one of the cooler MSU fans, I do believe), had decided to decorate a table with a "House Divided" theme of Ole Miss/MSU decorations.  Not only did I think it would be super cute, but it would also mean that we could be a part of the evening without having to shoulder the entire table all on our own (which would be heavy, you know, putting a table, with decorations and everything on our shoulders.  Also, uneven.)

Ultimately, our table got scrapped (table scraps!) because there were more than enough tables and decorations and we didn't mind stepping back and letting some of the other, more creative ladies in the church decorate.  But before we decided not to decorate, I went to the Wal-Mart in Clarksdale with a co-worker (also of the cool MSU kind- I'm glad I'm a cool enough Ole Miss fan to attract cool MSU fans in my life!) to get some fabric.  Cleveland Wal-Mart, among its other inefficiences, does not have fabric, thanks to the two, more expensive downtown fabric stores that would be perfect for most people, but don't work at all for an out-of-town working girl like me who can never get to downtown Cleveland during weekdays.

Anyway, I bought some fabric for us to use as a tablecloth/centerpiece runner on our table.  I figured I can always use red/blue fabric during football season and Jessica felt the same way.  Albeit about maroon/gray, not red/blue.  I bought some some fabric, and then, as we were walking away, I found some actual fabric with MSU and Ole Miss decals on it, so I bought that too.

Since we decided not to do our table, that fabric has sat on my chair in my living room, waiting for me to 1. put it where it belongs, 2.  decide where it belongs, and 3.  give the MSU fabric to Jessica, who I've seen several times since that day but keep forgetting to bring it with me.  Yesterday, I came home to this:

  

Parker loves sitting in this chair.  Actually, Parker loves laying on all my chairs.  And the couch.  The floor, the rug, the bed, the guest bed, the rug in the bathroom, the cushions under the window, the floor in the closet, pretty much everywhere. She likes to get into her spot, rub her face and body around, have fights with whatever blanket, shirt, pillow, etc. that might be on that spot.  Then she likes to lay down and relax, tuckered out from her fight.  But this time, she apparently, threw all the MSU fabric onto the ground while leaving the Ole Miss fabric in the chair.  Its kinda, funny, right?!

Even funnier, when I placed this fabric on the chair, I specifically put the Ole Miss fabric ON TOP of the MSU fabric (so I wouldn't have to look at it, natch) and she still managed to only throw off the MSU fabric.  She did this on purpose, I know.  I'm kinda proud. 

No comments: