Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Yeah, yeah, yeah...

So I've not put up my Disney pictures (I tried a while back and the pictures wouldn't upload and I'm not known for my patience). Still working on that, and I've not posted very often since I've gotten back cause I've been in a bit of a funk. But hopefully that is over now! I've actually been quite flattered by all the people fussing at me to get my blog back up and running! Thanks you guys-- your Christmas gifts will be especially fabulous this year!!

I did a Facebook quiz today and I'm anxious to see what people think about the accuracy of this. Anyone have any thoughts about this:

You are observant, cooperative, informative, and expressive. You are greatly concerned with the health and welfare of those under your care and you are the nurturer of established social institutions such as businesses, churches, social clubs, and schools. You are the most sociable of the Guardians (SJ's) and you strive to provide friendly social service. You spend a lot of your energy making sure social functions are successful, traditions are upheld, and the needs of others are met.

You are an excellent master of ceremonies or chairperson of social events. Highly cooperative, you are very capable of maintaining teamwork among your workers. You are attentive to details of the goods and services you provide. During social events, you are often able to remember your guests' names after one introduction, and you may appear to be aware of what everyone has been doing.

You are friendly, outgoing, and gregarious. You love to talk and you can become quite agitated when you are isolated from others. You are fascinated about news concerning your friends, neighbors, and local community. You will often strike up conversations with strangers and will talk about anything that comes to mind. If someone wants to know what has been going on in the community, you are often happy to provide the details.

You may be the most sympathetic of the role variants as you are highly sensitive to the feelings of others. This sensitivity can leave you self-conscious as you care about what others think of you. You are affectionate and you feel a need to be loved in return. You can be easily crushed by criticism directed towards you and you strongly desire to be appreciated for who you are and for the service you provide to others.

Famous Providers include William Howard Taft, Dave Thomas, Barbara Walters, and Sam Walton.

I'm especially intrigued by the William Howard Taft reference-- I mean, I've always dreamed of being just like the guy, but now, it seems like my dreams have come true. Me and WHT-- love that guy!!

In other news, here are some things I'm looking forward to:

1. The Grove for the Ole Miss-Auburn game-- it seems like its been a long time since a game and even longer since a game when everyone I love attended. Now, my Katie and David won't be there, but Em and even Betsy will be!! Yay!! I miss the Grove food and seeing everyone and I really miss winning ballgames. I doubt that'll happen this week, but you never know...

2. Getting back on meds-- many of you know I take my crazy pills (to keep me from going crazy) but I've been off them for a long time (don't really have a good reason, just not a lot of extra money) and I'm headed back to the doctor this week ($75.00 no-insurance charge be darned) to get my prescription refilled. I think everyone can breathe a collective sigh of relief. And if you breathe quietly, and after I'm back on my pills, I won't bite your collective heads off.

3. Parade of Flags at FBC-- its in less than 2 weeks and I've spent a lot of time and energy trying to organize it this year. The past two years I was "in charge" though in name only-- other, older women did most of the heavy lifting since I'd never participated or even watched a Parade. This year, though, its just me. And since our Children's Minister Joan has been busy with a lot of other things (church building moving and renovation, an early Parade that comes right after Trunk or Treat), I'm basically trying to do as much as I can for her. The costumes are finally coming together and I've been working on the script today. I'm really excited!!!

4. Trunk or Treat-- I'm dressing up as Esther. Its Joan's idea and I think it will be a good one. I'm actually really looking forward to it. I mean, I get to dress up as a Queen!! How fun??!! And while I'd like to pretend what I look like on the outside doesn't really matter, I do hope people think I make a pretty, or at least, decent Queen, and don't wonder why I am wearing a Halloween costume that's totally misrepresentative of what I look like! I hope I get a couple compliments at least! Y'all know how insecure I am!

5. Getting out my winter clothes. Yes, its still 80 degrees outside during the day, but its chilly at night and anyone who knows me knows I'm always cold! I've already started wearing sweaters in the office and socks to bed at night. Soon, my fingers will freeze and they won't thaw out till March. I love my winter clothes. And yes, for all you haters, my Uggs will still be in the rotation. I love them. They are comfy. They are warm. I've had them longer than anyone I know and I will continue to have them long after you people stop wearing your Toms. Its true love, not some casual dating thing. And, yes, to all who are wondering, I WILL still be wearing my blue Uggs that my dear Katie so graciously bought me off the sale rack at TJ Maxx a couple years ago. In fact, I wore them this morning while walking Parker. Be jealous.

1 comment:

Em said...

We must have taken the same quiz. Mine was spot on...as was yours! Kinda freaky! Looking forward to this weekend too! Wish Katherine and David were going to be there!