Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

Sumo Wrestling, Psycho Birds and Creepy Pumpkins

I've already posted today (twice!) but I'm making up for lost time, lucky readers. Picture this-- its Friday night, I'm watching America's Next Top Model and relaxing after a terribly long week. Mom and I are discussing decorations and food for the Grove tomorrow (philosophical differences keep rearing their ugly head-- do we use Halloween decorations which will clearly clash with the usual reb/blue/Ole Miss/Colonel Reb decorations? Or ignore the Holiday altogether in an effort to keep the tablescape uniform? Again, reasons why I don't sleep well at night.)

Then a knock at the door and my cousin Em (fav!) and our friend Mal come right on in. I'm glad to see them, especially Mal since I've not seen her in forever and she's lots of fun (not that Em's not fun, but I see her all the time! Including, tomorrow morning at 7:40!). We are catching up and Mal's loving on Parker and noting her new cute haircut, when the door opens and someone else comes in. Its a totally fabulous Friday night surprise:





Its out of control. Aunt Ju and Lo (avid readers will remember Lo from Betsy and Peter's visit back during the summer. She's a part of the family!)!! Lo lives a couple houses away from mine, but alas, they did not walk but drove instead. However, my joy was not deterred. I literally jumped up and down I was laughing so very hard.



Stuck between a rock and a hard place...



The wrestlers decided to sit down and stay a while:





Em and I even took a whirl with the wrestlers:



And of course, me and Sweet Parker-- she left the room after a while-- I'm guessing we kinda freaked her out!



We laughed and laughed and laughed. Aunt Ju recounted the recent bird attack at her house with Lo and Mal, and I danced to the broken pumpkin song (I can't explain-- you'll have to come see in person!)

We had the best time-- it seems like way too long since we've all been together. I've been a little busy and a lot distracted these last couple weeks for many different reasons, so I really enjoyed getting back to who I am-- someone who loves to enjoy the people around them, who loves to laugh, who loves being around people who love her!! I so needed to sit around with some of the people I love and laugh until my head hurt! It was amazing and an absolutely fantastic way to end a long week! Hope you enjoy these pictures as well! Now off to bed with visions of a Rebel win tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

Em said...

That is a seriously horrible face I'm making there...kinda Rosie O'Donnellish! Ewwwwww! Nonetheless, it was a fun night! :)