Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

money, money, money, money...MONEY

Money. I don't have enough of it. Not nearly enough. And, I admit, I don't have good money habits (not from lack of trying of the part of my dad, however).

Lately, though I have been working on better money habits. For months now, I have kept a notebook (a really nice black moleskin notebook-- see where my money problems come?!) with all my bills-- one bill for each page. I write down the date I made a payment, the amount, check number, etc., and the new balance on the bill. I am proud to announce to you, my faithful blog readers, that yesterday I was able to pay the final amount for not one, but TWO bills! Granted, they were smaller bills, but you gotta start somewhere!! I was tempted to go out and celebrate by buying this new black leather with zipper detailing purse I saw recently at TJ Maxx! Its so cute and would totally look great this fall. However, in trying to learn from previous mistakes, I suppressed this desire. Instead, I celebrated by writing in huge RED letters, "PAID IN FULL!!!" in my cute little notebook!

I choose not to dwell on the fact that these were very small bills, and, honestly, should have been paid off quite some time ago. Instead, I will be proud of my small accomplishments, and look forward to paying off more bills in the future! Aren't you proud of my, blog-o-spherers?

No comments: