Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Huntingdon, TN

I am finally here! Huntingdon, Tennessee! I have motion hearings in a case tomorrow at the courthouse! Staying in the Heritage Inn, which is apparently a Best Western. Such an exciting life! I borrowed a tom tom GPS from a friend and it seemed like it was really going well. The Tom Tom, named Tomasina by my friend Courtney, was doing well for a while. I was really enjoying not having to stop and look at a map all the time. And, of course, Tomasina does NOT like it when you get off course, as I did to get a Sonic Creamslush and to go to the worst Target ever. Tomasina continued to make sure here voice was heard,"Turn left in 100 yards", "Turn left in 500 yards", "TURN LEFT IN 1 MILE!!!!!" Tomasina was stressing.

And then, it seemed as I was getting closer, and that my long journey was coming to an end. And finally, Tomasina proudly said "Arrived at Destination!" She was really excited and kept repeating the phrase. Unfortunately, I was NOT at my destination, unless somehow my destination was in the middle of a gas station (that was closed) in McLemoreville, Tennessee, approximately 15 miles from Huntingdon. I'm still not entirely sure if Tomasina took me to the wrong destination on purpose or just out of stupidity. I'll give her another chance on the way home before I pass judgment. Lucky for everyone, I was able to figure out where I was going without her help and continued on with Tomasina on silent.

Now I am watching the Fashion Show (the poor man's Project Runway), and about to paint my toenails. Its actually not a bad night! I will soon be arriving at my final destination: bed! Good night!

No comments: